Sujets brûlants

(English) In most cases, an individual who leaves Canada on a permanent basis would want to be considered a non-resident of Canada. From a Canadian income tax perspective your residency is dependent on your particular facts and circumstances. Generally, you are an emigrant for income tax purposes if you leave Canada to settle in another country and you sever your residential ties with Canada.